Next step in building erdemtu.com is listing the features and deciding on the technology to implement the functionality. My previous post should be helpful.
- Create, edit, draft & publish blog posts.
- Blog posts should have tags and categories.
- Create & edit portfolio items.
- Portfolio items should have categories.
- Create & edit page items.
- Markdown editor for inputting content.
- Should be able to upload images.
- Should be able to migrate old content.
- Paths should be the same as Jekyll.
- Authentication for admin panel.
- Should be able change password for the panel.
- Should be able reset password with email.
That’s it for the features. They cover most of the purposes I outlined earlier. Should be enough of an exercise to begin with. Showing off part is the design part.
I am planning on using Vapor for backend. I already know Swift so I can focus on learning backend stuff. Vapor is not that mature but it should be fine for such a simple site.
For frontend I am considering React but Angular is tempting as well. I’ll pick React for now. Could be useful to know React, in case I wanted to learn React Native.
Next time I’ll write about the design of site. A wireframing is the more traditional route but with such simple site, I’ll probably get on with the design of each page.